History

1935

Founding of company by Walther Flender
Business consists of trading with wooden belt pulleys and adhesives

1941

Acquisition of J. H. Deussen Söhne GmbH
A majority of the Deussen business activity consists of rubber parts and repair material for rubber conveyors used in mining
.


1948

Founding of Maschinenlager GmbH
Sale of self-lubricating bearing bushes made of sintered iron and bronze

1962

Alexandra Flender takes over the management of the Walther Flender Group
after the death of her husband


1966

Founding of the first sales centres

1973

Martin-Christian Schmidt, a nephew of the deceased Walther Flender,
takes on responsibility in the family enterprise


1985

Upgrade of the manufacturing

1990

Purchasing of 6.000 sq. meters in addition

1998

Edification of one further storehouse and assembly hanger


2005

Enlargement of the main plant in Düsseldorf ( two assembly halls and one administration building)

2008

Enlargement of the fabrication in Sachsen-Anhalt


2009

Establishment of a pulley production in Changshu
Opening of the logistics center in in Mönchengladbach (20.000qm)